Sunday, October 26, 2008

What a weekend!










We had an great Thursday through Saturday that we can't wait to share. It all began Thursday evening with Michael's first basketball game of the year. He's waited anxiously for this year, you know, the big 8th grade Middle School sports year, and couldn't wait to get on the court. His team did well as we had all hoped and Michael had a great game. Of course, we think that Michael is a fabulous player, no prejudice there, but he did score several points and had lots of assits. They won by a lot (I can't remember the score, but it was big). It looks to be a great year for RMMS.


Melissa is on the student council and got to sell concessions at Michael's game. She actually enjoyed the job and will be doing it again this season. Unfortunately, as the mom ,you feel like you need to buy junk when your child is the one selling it. Everything your children do seems to cost you money!!!






Then John took off for Cross Country state in Sheridan and Melissa and I drove down to Lander for Emily's regional volleyball tournament. I'm still so excited about our volleyball team that I'm shaking just typing this. They got third place and qualified for state. The last time Rocky Mountain qualified for state was 2003, and that downer info can really stick in your head. The girls really worked hard, and with 6 seniors on the team, it all payed off. My voice is a little worse for the wear today (lots of yelling encouragement) but boy is our house one happy place to be.

Here is our awesome child going up for a kill. Yes, I was yelling "That's my girl" over and over during these games.Here is the whole team looking very excited. Emily is a team captain along with Kelsey (who is holding the trophy placard with her). This is a great moment!!And these are the 6 seniors - the girls who stuck it out all four years to get here when it really mattered most to them. To make a great weekend even better....Emily got to meet Josie for the first time. Johnathan and Becky came to watch Emily play and we got to enjoy the baby. She is growing so fast and is just adorable. My highlight was walking around to show all the people from Rocky my beautiful and precious neice. She is a keeper.

7 comments:

Tricia said...

Way to go EMily!!!What fun. You should be excited. Where do you go from here?
Did I know that Johanathan and Becky were in Lander? Ugh! I still haven't seen that baby! I had no idea.

Emily Asay said...

That exciting news about Emily's vball team. Good for them! It was fun to see Dave Beemer, Mr. Camp are still coaching bball. Things haven't changed much since I left!! :-)

Laramie Despains said...

Way to go Emily!! I wish I could be at state as well, but don't think I will be going. Have fun though. I have fond memories of celebrating Halloween with my volleyball teams in the motels.

Patty said...

The Bernhisels are riding high right now. Michael is into his basketball and Emily just helped her VB team win 3rd. I wish I could have been there but these bones will take just so much. We are happy for you. We are looking forward to more basketball games and buying something from Melissa at the concession stand. Thanks for the picture of Josie, she is a doll. Look on Jake's blog and see some cute ones of Alyssa. Mom

Shana said...

All right! The is awesome for the volleyball team! Sounds like you are having lot of fun around your house these days. Teenagers keep ya busy huh? :)

Brett and Desiree said...

Best of luck at State! We're proud of you!!

Chelli said...

You are keeping super busy! Love all the posts! Hope you had a great Halloween!