Monday, October 20, 2008

Michael's mission training




Michael has never had to learn how to tie a tie. I've either gotten him zipper ties (when he was little) or he has had his sister Emily tie them once and he's never taken the knot out. Well, today he had to break down and learn the process since Emily was too busy to help and he had to get to church. I loved this teaching moment between father and son. It reaffirms to me how lucky I am to have married such a great guy and father. He loved showing Michael the ropes and made him do it a couple of times for "insurance" that he had it. They have developed such a great relationship these last couple of years that it confirms to me the cousel from our leaders that children need 2 parents, 2 parents that take active roles in their lives. I could never do this without John, because I couldn't care less about sport scores, college rankings, running in the "wild", and all those other boy things that are not interesting to me. Luckily for both of them though I do care what color of pants Michael passes the sacrament in and how long his hair gets. See...it really does take 2 parents.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Michael looks so old in these pictures! Where has the time gone!! I hope Alyson has a great birthday today. We celebrated Keph's last night because Chelli, Jason, and James flew to Pennsylvania this morning. Love, Debbie