Monday, October 6, 2008

Saying Goodbye was Sweet

Nurse Ginney with Melissa just as we were leaving.
Tara - the lady who worked Melissa over the most and taught her things that will hopefully keep her out of the hospital for a long time.

We left Denver at 10 am, saying goodbye to Tara (Melissa's respitory therapist who was incredibly helpful), Nurse Ginny (who was very kind and signed us out fast!), and drove home. Returning at 7:30pm, Cowley looked like heaven. My house was clean (thanks to Emily, Michael and John working on it) and my bed felt wonderful. Melissa found that her room had been decorated by her friends and was very excited. She really missed them and had looked forward to every email and post that they sent her, so thanks to Mikayla, Sarah and Maddy for being such good friends to Melissa.


Today Melissa is anxious to go to school and hopes to, but we have to wait for the people in Powell to come and train us on how to care for her picc line and administer IV drugs for the next week. After that she's good to go. Thanks to everyone who sent us posts, called us, and feed my children who were left here at home. It's good to know we have great neighbors, friends, and family who will come to our rescue when needed. We were definitely blessed and served this past week.

3 comments:

The Asay's said...

Oh I am so excited that Melissa is finally out of the hospital. I know hospitals stinks. I had to spend a week and a half when I got in my car wreck and then it was non stop trips to the doctor for 5 months. no fun i know it. So happy you are feeling better Melissa.

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Sally,
What a beautiful daughter you have. I hope all goes well for her. I spent months at a time in Primary Children's Hospital growing up, and take it from me... it's not fun!!!!
I'm happy you both are home, and with family and friends
Good Luck:)

Chelli said...

I am so happy you are all home! Melissa has great friends and a family who loves her very much! Glad you didn't have to stay any longer there.