Sunday, October 12, 2008

Emily Rocks


Emily had a great game this Saturday when we played against Riverside. As usual the first game was not so hot for our team. We seem to need the first one to warm up, but after that Emily got a little mad and she was good. We still lost, but when Emily hit the net she got many kills and blocks that were incredible. I found myself jumping off my seat cheering each time she did something I felt was incredible. At one point, my friend next to me, said "You need to yell, 'No.13 is my daughter' real loud". Of course I didn't, but I was real excited to see her play so well. Fortunately Emily is smart enough to be happy about her successes and not dwell on the loss for hours afterwards.

5 comments:

Brett and Desiree said...

Emily does rock! I love that girl--way to go Emily!!:)

Laramie Despains said...

Sally,

I need current email addresses for you and John. Shoot something to me at jcdespain@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Shana said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! I just got onto your blog page after seeing it on Emily's blog page. (small world huh?)
I can't believe how old and grown up your children are! Time has just flown by and now they are almost grown all of the sudden. But I guess I don't need to remind you of that. You probably can't believe it either.
Anyway, it was good to see you all. You should check in with my family once in awhile.
See you in Cowley sometime. :)

Chelli said...

That is awesome! Wish we could have seen the game!

Unknown said...

Way to go Emily! How weird to think that you and Keph are seniors!!! It seems like yesterday you were dancing in the street at the Disneyland parade and now here you are leveling people in Volleyball! Love, Aunt Debbie