Monday, October 20, 2008

Emily's Senior Pictures










A right of passage of the senior year was completed this week. Emily had her senior pictures taken. It was really fun once the stress of what to wear, what jewlery to use, and how to do her hair was decided. We decided that she needed a jacket for her fall outdoor pictures, so we went to Billings and hit Kohl's for the first time. It was great, lots of cute choices and we were early enough that we had the whole store to ourselves. The earrings took the longest to find - but that is a fun search. We then came home, laid out all her "outfits" with accessories and shoes and planned the order of the sitting. Hitting the outdoors with Kendy Richards, our photographer, we planned our backdrops and got to it.








It's always so interesting to me how nervous my girls are to have them done, how important they feel those pictures are, and how much fun they actually have doing it. Kendy makes them feel beautiful, which I agree, they are. Here are some pictures I took while Emily was working with Kendy.



This is the last picture of the day - she was a little sick of "give me a smile"!! But don't you agree - it was a beautiful day and a beautiful girl.

5 comments:

dcalvin said...

Emily is beautiful inside and out! What fun reminiscing you created for me today, thanks for the fun memories of senior pictures with girls. (Well my boy wasn't much easier either.)

Aly said...

Emily you are too dang young to be getting senior pictures! I just got mine taken like, last week!! Your pictures are cute though, you're ten times more photogenic than I am!

Anonymous said...

Those are gorgeous pictures. Love them!! I can't believe she is a senior. Kendy does such a great job!
Sorry about the book. I barely gave it to her yesterday. Sorry!!
PS did you ever figure out how to get your pictures on right?

The Simmons Six said...

Emily looks so beautiful and grown up it makes me sad to think we are loosing the second bernhisel but the rest of the world sure is lucky to get a chance to get to know them the way we do. Thanks for sharing them with us we feel very greatful to know you and your children.

The Simmons Six said...

Hey by the way simbro is me Rachel