Sunday, March 8, 2009

We want to share 3 significant events with you: First - this weekend we went to Laramie and Denver to see my niece Josie Jeanne get sealed and blessed. How can you describe your feelings at such a tender occasion? Josie is simply a charmer and her family was jubliant all weekend long. Watching her sit on the alter to be sealed to her parents was very peaceful and sweet. She never fussed and the room was full of tears. We love her and look to lots of years of fun with her.


Here is Becky, Josie and Johnathan outside the temple living in the moment.

And this is the group pose outside (something must have been on my lens)

And finally my favorite picture. Johnathan couldn't have been more proud and excited to have this day finally come.

Second: Melissa's dance ended for this year. She had a great season with a couple of great coaches.

(performing at a Rocky Mountain basketball game)

Melissa and her friend Mikaela right after a performance. We thought she did an awsome job!

And Third: Emily was asked to Prom by her good friend Russell. They decided when they were in middle school that they would go to prom her senior year. We came home from school one day to find our driveway all decortated with the prom invite. It was really difficult to take a picture of something so big, we needed to climb on our roof for the right view, but you get the idea. Emily is happy and excited for the prom and we're happy that Russell is the one taking her to her last high school dance.

6 comments:

The Simmons Six said...

That reminds me of when my sister was sealed to Sam . It is such a wonderful moment for the family. It is amazing how it doesn't matter how they got to be a part of your family just that you are so happy that they are.

Anonymous said...

How great!! I was wondering where you were. She is georgeous!! What a sweet moment.
I miss seeing you--we need a day!!

Megan said...

What a wonderful week and weekend! Being a Forever Family is one of the best blessings we can have! Prom should be great for Emily and your right, Melissa did great with dance this year! I've missed our Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon get together... and it's only been a week!

Unknown said...

well, I see that emily beat kelsey v. to the punch and asked russell (or russell asked her, whatever) to prom (the chalk on the driveway was my idea). :) have fun, emily!

Tricia said...

What can I say? I wish I was there. Loved the pictures. Isn't my brother cute?

Amy 'n Clint said...

So sweet! Johnathan looks so proud and so happy! Melissa looks so grown up and I can't believe Emily is going to her LAST High School dance! How did that happen?!?! (FYI--I went with Johnathan my senior year!!!)