Saturday, March 21, 2009

Braces for Melissa

The moment Melissa has been waiting and, believe it or not, hoping for finally arrived this past Monday. You would have thought she was getting Christmas early the way she was preparing that morning. When we arrived at Dr. Bennion's office she was immediately whisked off, before I had even made it in, and was sitting in the big chair with a smile on her face ready to go.

Britt was the dental assistant who worked with Lis and all was well until that HUGE RED mouth sucker was put in. It was supposed to help her keep water out of her mouth but it ripped on her lips and since it was the smallest they had, she was stuck.
But as you can tell, she was still happy when they were done. I think it was the Bite Bottle she got that made her so happy, and the fact that she beat Michael to the braces race line. Poor Michael, broken foot and baby teeth still in place...he feels a little sorry for himself right now and I feel sorry for him too. He had to miss the Scout Winter Camp this weekend because of his foot and got the news that he's going to be in that boot longer than he had hoped. Track season may be major delayed this year, but we're still crossing our fingers that it comes.
**PS: John just called and Emily got first place in the shot put at the first track meet of the year in Greybull. What a girl!!!!

7 comments:

Tricia said...

O...K!!!You are just like my sister.Always up to sumpin!!!Did you know that practicly all teanagers have braces!!!Even the girs with the brown hair!!!That always means truble!!!ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS!!!!!That is the first sign of run away!!!ERIN AAGARD

Unknown said...

Wow, I can't believe how excited Melissa was for braces!! Someone should take her temperature!!! I am glad that she feels that way. I wish you luck in your new adventure! Love, Aunt Debbie

Emily S. said...

I thought the braces were new when I saw Melissa on Thursday, but I wasn't sure!! I was wondering if I was just a big dork and hadn't noticed and she has had them for months!! I will have to say something to her today!!

Tricia said...

COngrats!?!? Lookin' good Liss!

Anonymous said...

So funny! Tell Lis that she never send me an invite to her blog (was that hint:)She is adorable as always!!
Tell Michael that I am feeling sorry for him too. No kid should have to endure not doing something they love, and are so good at!!

Megan said...

Congrats Melissa for the new "accessory" and to Emily for getting first place (from a fellow "thrower")! Sorry Michael about your foot... hope it isn't too much longer! I'm looking forward to be dancing with you again this week! My living room has been so unexciting the past few weeks... we need Sally back in our lives on Tuesday afternoons!

Chelli said...

Good luck with the braces!! That is awesome! Sorry to hear about Michael's foot!