Sunday, September 5, 2010

We're back.....




Since it's officially been 1 year now since I've blogged, and I've felt incredibly guilty about it the entire time, I've made a goal to get back on it. This is a big step for me....making goals that is, but school has just started so it really feels like a new year at the Bernie Household. Here's a quick update:
Melissa started 8th grade and is loving being in the new 6-12 school at Rocky. It's beautiful and fresh and exciting, the only downfall is when her mother gets her to school late and she gets points. That didn't happen when she rode the bus!
Michael is now a sophomore and turns 16 in a few months. I just don't want to talk about that.... He had a busy summer of lifeguarding and golfing and is now thick into cross country. He did really well in Billings this week, taking 6th out of 163 runners.
Emily is a sophomore at Utah State. Living off campus and with none of her last year roommates has been hard, but she is excited about her classes and loves her major, special education. She's only been gone a week, but it's a definite difference in our house when she's gone. She is definitely the life of the party at our house, we miss her.
And Aly...she's in Russia teaching English to 3-6 year olds. She's been there less than a week, and we've only heard from her twice, but all sounds good. It will be a fun adventure to hear about when she comes home for Christmas.

John and I are busy at school and we LOVE having the new school so close to our house. Riding my bike to work is no big deal and just think of all the gas money we're going to save. It makes me smile!

Just one more thing to brag about... this summer Melissa won the Big Horn County 4-H modeling competition for her age group. We had promised if she won we would take her to state fair this year, so off we went with Aunt Meredith and cousin Kennedy (Kennedy had won her age division). Competition was tough and there were lots of girls to compete against, but both Melissa and Kennedy took Grand Champion for Ready to Wear.
Here's Melissa modeling at state and Kennedy, Melissa, and Cassidy Crosby getting their awards at county fair.

Well there you have it, we are busy and scattered all over, but all is well and I will keep things on this blog a little more up to the minute.....we'll see!

5 comments:

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

So glad your back to blogging, I look forward to keeping in touch. Since you been gone I made my blog private, so send me your email and I will invite ya;)...gksinks@yahoo.com
Kristy

PS~ Your kids are so cute, and busy from the sound of it. My son just turned 16, so I know your pain;)

Megan said...

Oh how I have missed hearing about you and your family happenings! Congratulations to Melissa! That is awesome! She is such a beautiful young woman! I'm excited for the new school year too and I'm looking forward to being able to read more updates on what you are all up to!

Patty said...

Good to read your blog Sally. Thanks for the pictures. Mom

Laramie Despains said...

Yeah. Glad we can see what's going on in your lives. Looking forward to seeing you all at Thanksgiving.

Laramie Despains said...

Yeah. so glad we get to see what's going on in your lives again. Looking forward to seeing you at Thanksgiving.