Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Morning 2008

Christmas morning brought it's usual surprises and fun. We want to share it with you..... John got this great book 501 Must See Movies. We've all had lots of fun with it and you can borrow it if you're in need of some movie to rent advice. We all attack our stockings first. They are the only free-for-all of the whole day. Toothbrushes, candy, and little things are all in there.








The big stuff now begins, but this year we did it a little different. The packages were all numbered, no names, and we had clues that matched the numbers to tell us who the packages went to. (we did this once when I was a kid and I was in charge of the list and I lost it - it was open the gift and then mom would tell us who it belonged to - a disaster!!!) We had a great time with it. My mom and dad came over and had fun laughing at the clues and seeing what we all didn't know about each other. I think this may be one we do again next year!





Emily got a cape cod bracelet which is a family thing. My mother, sister, Aly and I all have them. She's finally part of the "in crowd".




Aly got this nice church coat. She picked it out meaning it fits, she likes it, and I don't have to return it this week.





Michael got the Wii he's wanted for a long time, but we all get to benefit from it. The big family game this year was Rock Bank 2, and our family has been rockin' ever since it was opened. Crazy... fun...loud...fun...silly...hard.. fun. We all love it!





Bad picture...but cute girl. Melissa got this vest. I worry so much about her being cold that she got lots of get warm stuff, this vest, long socks, a long Sunday coat, she should be set.
Most of all we had a terrific family day. Lots of time spent playing, laughing, singing (UGH!!), sleeping, and eating. I love these winter days, when all of my other responsibilities can take a back seat and family, motherhood, and a love of Christ truly is the focus. These are some of the blessings I'm grateful for now and always.

4 comments:

The Simmons Six said...

The face john is making in his picture is sooooo him it made me laugh when I saw your blog. It is funto see you back and blogging! Hope the rest of your break is fun and family filled.

Patty said...

Sally, thanks for sharing all the info and pictures. We do have some wonderful times as family. I can't believe how old the kids are getting -- Michael and Melissa are much too teenage looking and Aly and Emily are beautiful. We are so blessed to have such good kids in our family. Having Weinands for Christmas Eve added to the evening for all of us. They are good friends We Love you all.

Amy 'n Clint said...

Looks like you must have been good since you all SCORED! Way to go!

Adrienne and Ryan Mangus said...

It looks like you guys had nice holidays! I like the family traditions and am very impressed with the wall hanging Melissa made your parents--good job Melissa! All the pictures of everyone are great!