Monday, November 17, 2008

Michael turns 14



There are lots of birthdays that come, and many have lots of significance, but I usually don't think of 14 as one of those significant birthdays. Well, Michael turned 14 recently and it was the hardest birthday he's ever had for me....why...who knows, but I found myself ready to cry several times. He can't drive, can't date, can't start some new and exciting activity that requires you to be 14, but he really seemed older somehow to me. It may be that he's finally taller than me, it may be that he works so hard around here and is so helpful to me that I realized his days with me are numbered, or it may be that I'm just getting so old that I realize my kids are zooming by. I don't really know, but Michael has definitely been a blessing in our home. He's a tease, responsible, kind, and believe it or not sensitive to other's feelings (it must be being raised with so many crazy girls). Well he's a one of a kind and we're so glad he's ours....so Happy Belated but Remembered Birthday Michael!

5 comments:

Chelli said...

What a handsome son you have. You have raised wonderful kids!

Jamie said...

Sally and family-
Thanks for checking out our blog. It's amazing to find out who actually looks at it! :) I can't believe how grown up your kids are! I guess it has been quite a while since the last family reunion!

Patty said...

All you said about Michael is true. He is a wonderful and quite remarkable boy. We love his kind ways and his teasing disposition. We relate to the close to tears as you realize how the years are passing. Enjoy, enjoy, and thanks for sharing him with us. We think your other kids are pretty amazing too. Love, Grandma Patty

Adrienne and Ryan Mangus said...

That's very nice! That's neat that Melissa was able to do baptisms. What a great family!

Anonymous said...

My email is cowboys@tctwest.net